Droid Wall is an Android firewall, which allows you to restrict access of third party apps to access your data networks (2G, 3G and Wi-Fi).
Developer: Rodrigo Zechin Rosauro
Latest version: 1.4.2
Total versions: 12
Submitted: 30 Jul 2010
Updated: 30 Jul 2010
Droid Wall - Android Firewall is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall. It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and/or Wi-Fi).
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
After installing, press menu and click Help for an explanation on how to use it.
ATTENTION! This app requires root access! If you don't know what it is then you probably don't have it.
Droid Wall 1.4.2 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
Description/changelog of Droid Wall 1.4.2:Released: September 29, 2010.
Fixed compatibility with devices without the "test" command available.
- Fixed a bug where one of the selected applications would be ignored, as if it was not selected at all.
- Fixed "grep command is required" error on phones that have busybox grep but the link is not in the system path.
- Added support for some 4G/Wi-max interfaces.
- Added a simple logging support. It is now possible to determine which applications have been blocked by DroidWall, if your kernel supports this functionality.
- Added a simple busybox binary, so you don't have to install busybox manually anymore.
Below are the earlier versions of Droid Wall. If you are aware of a newer version of Droid Wall or an older one, which is not listed here, please feel free to add it!
Contribute+ Submit App
+ Submit Device
Share Droid Wall
If you want to SHARE this FREEWARE with your friends on a forum, blog or via email, please use the code snippets below.
Share on a forum
The code will work on any forum, which supports BB codes.
Share on a site
Copy and paste the HTML code below directly into your site or blog.
Share via email
Copy the link below and paste it into your email.