My Bus Edinburgh
My Bus Edinburgh is an Edinburgh bus tracker application for the Android mobile platform.
Developer: Niall Scott
Latest version: 0.0.3
Total versions: 3
Submitted: 18 Nov 2010
Updated: 27 Nov 2010
DescriptionMy Bus Edinburgh is an open-sourced Android application. It was previously known as "Edinburgh Bus Tracker" but the name was changed shortly before the initial release.
My Bus Edinburgh allows users to check the next departures of bus services at most bus stops served by Lothian Buses. Users can save and maintain a list of favourite stops, view bus stops on an inbuilt Google Maps object and the user may change a number of preferences.
This project utilises the Edinburgh Bus Tracker service provided by the City of Edinburgh council. The project started as the author's BSc (Hons) Computer Science final year dissertation project at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
- Android 1.5 or above
- Data connection (WiFi, 3G, etc...)
- Google Maps installed
- For accurate location finding, it is recommended the device has GPS functionality
Web page: http://www.rivernile.org.uk/bustracker
My Bus Edinburgh 0.0.3 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
Description/changelog of My Bus Edinburgh 0.0.3:Released: August 17, 2010.
- Added possibility to backup and restore favourite bus stops from the Preferences section
- Function to sort the bus services by time (with the first to arrive being the first in the list). The default ordering by service name, can still be selected and will remain the default ordering
- Display of departure times has been rewritten to reflect a cleaner way of displaying bus times
- Fixed an issue, which prevented the app being displayed in the Android Market by QVGA devices (HTC Tattoo, HTC Wildfire, ...). The app is now compiled for Android 2.1 rather than 1.5, and now contains QVGA compatible graphics to support lower resolution devices. At the same time, higher resolution images were added to support WVGA
Below are the earlier versions of My Bus Edinburgh. If you are aware of a newer version of My Bus Edinburgh or an older one, which is not listed here, please feel free to add it!
Contribute+ Submit App
+ Submit Device
Share My Bus Edinburgh
If you want to SHARE this FREEWARE with your friends on a forum, blog or via email, please use the code snippets below.
Share on a forum
The code will work on any forum, which supports BB codes.
Share on a site
Copy and paste the HTML code below directly into your site or blog.
Share via email
Copy the link below and paste it into your email.