OsmAnd is an open-source OSM-based GPS app with online/offline capabilities and audible navigation.
Latest version: 0.4.3 beta-b2
Total versions: 1
Submitted: 9 Nov 2010
Updated: 27 Nov 2010
DescriptionOsmAnd app aimed to offer comfortable navigation/routing for mobile devices (such as Android phone) that have limitation with internal, operating memory & processor resource.
The app also has a goal to economy Internet usage or do not use it at all (use preloaded data), that's why offline features are more prioritized than online.
You may find OsmAnd useful in the following cases:
- If you want to visit town (with or without internet) as tourist by foot (you will find all POI and addresses).
- If you are living in country & you often want to search your hamlet, lake, house (street/number), search nearest opened restaurant or closest public transport.
- If you want simply navigate to the point specifying lat/lon coordinates & save your track.
- If you want to save your favorite points.
- If you want use online routing (require a few of the internet data).
- If you want to navigate using existing GPX file.
The app supports devices with Android 1.5-2.2 OS.
Web page http://code.google.com/p/osmand
OsmAnd 0.4.3 beta-b2 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
Description/changelog of OsmAnd 0.4.3 beta-b2:- Added Slovak language
- New download activity (supported non stable connection, multidownloader)
- Vector map rendering
- Show gpx tracks over map
- Change long press on map behavior - show description of point and after clicking on description show context menu
Contribute+ Submit App
+ Submit Device
If you want to SHARE this FREEWARE with your friends on a forum, blog or via email, please use the code snippets below.
Share on a forum
The code will work on any forum, which supports BB codes.
Share on a site
Copy and paste the HTML code below directly into your site or blog.
Share via email
Copy the link below and paste it into your email.