Ringtone Maker app creates tones, alarms, and notifications from MP3, WAV, AAC/MP4, 3GPP/AMR files you load onto your phone.
Developer: Dongfu He
Latest version: 0.2.0
Total versions: 1
Submitted: 15 Oct 2014
Updated: 29 Oct 2014
Ringtone Maker is an open source ringtone creator app for Android, an enhancement of Ringdroid, adds the missing feature fading in/out for MP3, and share by e-mail.
Ringtone Maker can creates tones, alarms, and notifications from MP3, WAV, AAC/MP4, 3GPP/AMR files you load onto your phone through the SD card or that you purchase through the Amazon MP3 store. Unlike many Android apps that use the Menu keys to store some software functions, most of Ringtone Maker's controls are out on the interface and all respond to touch. You can set the start and ending notes by sliding arrows along the timeline, by pressing Start and End to record the point, or by typing in time stamps.
- Preview the ringtone files and assign to contact
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and auto scrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
- Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file - for example the "Rings Extended" application
- Assign a ringtone directly to a contact
- Sort by Tracks, Albums, Artists
Ringtone Maker right now supports following file formats: MP3, AAC/MP4 (including unprotected iTunes music), WAV, 3GPP/AMR (this is the format used when you record sounds directly on the handset).
- Long-press on an audio file from the main screen to delete it.
- Copy audio files to your SD card using a USB cable, or get MP3s using the Amazon MP3 application.
- Tap anywhere on the waveform to start playing at that position.
- While playing, tap the word Start or End to quickly set the start and end markers to the current playback time.
- Use the jog wheel for more precise adjustments.
Here is the explanation for the permissions:
- For ADs, they need to fetch AD from internet. And the AD company needs to read phone state and network state to improve there AD quality. These permissions are asked by Admob SDK.
- After you create the ringtone, there is a choice to assign it to your contact. If you choose this option, the Ringtone Maker need to read your contact data and show them in the list, then you can assign the new ringtone to somebody. The developer declares that Ringtone Maker will not collect your contact information.
- After you save a new Ringtone, the APP need rights to write it to your SD card.
- This permission is to collect your crash report to help improve the app. Developer declares that the app will not collect any user specify data, only report logs when app force closes.
Ringtone Maker 0.2.0 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
Description/changelog of Ringtone Maker 0.2.0:
- Minor update.
Version 0.1.9: Browse music files in the folder
Version 0.1.8: Add a button on the main list to pop up menu
Version 0.1.7: Fix type waveform problem when fade is on
Version 0.1.5: Try to fix the duplicate item in the list again
Version 0.1.4: Fix the Assign Ringtone to contact problem
Version 0.1.1: Preview your ringtone. Sort by Tracks, Albums and Artists
Version 0.0.7: Share the ringtone by e-mail
+ Submit App
+ Submit Device
Share Ringtone Maker
If you want to SHARE this FREEWARE with your friends on a forum, blog or via email, please use the code snippets below.
Share on a forum
The code will work on any forum, which supports BB codes.
Share on a site
Copy and paste the HTML code below directly into your site or blog.
Share via email
Copy the link below and paste it into your email.