APKtor is an alternative public market client to browse and install apps located on public servers called repositories.
Developer: Goto Init
Latest version: 184.108.40.206
Total versions: 2
Submitted: 5 Nov 2010
Updated: 5 Nov 2010
DescriptionAPKtor is a free open source app for Android mobile phones that allows to download and install applications located on public repositories.
The functionality is very similar to the Android Market. However the apps are in public repositories provided by other users.
APKtor is based on the "Aptoide" open source client (www.aptoide.org) version 1.0.8 and it is able to connect to compatible Aptoide repositories.
Some of the improvements over Aptoide are:
- Full translation to Spanish (English version is also available).
- New tabs design.
- Shortcut button to see the apps on Android Market.
- Faster application loading (splash scree removed).
- Improved the apk version management system and apk updates.
- All listings now show the version of the apk.
Web site: http://apktor.gotoinit.com
APKtor 220.127.116.11 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- APKtor_18.104.22.168.apk (78 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of APKtor 22.214.171.124:Released: August 31, 2010.
- Significant reduction of time to re-update repo.
- Fixed overlay over the tabs on big screens (Nexus, Desire,..).
- Added functionality to save and restore the repository list.
- Added fast scrolling in all apk listings.
- Fixed problems changing the orientation of the phone.
- Now listings show date when apk was added to repo (unused ratting removed). Note: Not all repositories provide this date and can cause rare dates.
- Improved presentation of search results.
- "See on Market" now access directly to the app, instead of searching it.
- Removed "APKs in SD" menu, it is very slow, use a file explorer instead.
- Added version ChangeLog dialog.
Below are the earlier versions of APKtor. If you are aware of a newer version of APKtor or an older one, which is not listed here, please feel free to add it!