Description/changelog of chompSMS 4.6:
August 16, 2010:
- Added a vibrate and "vroom sound" option that plays once an SMS message has been successfully sent (in Settings, Notifications).
- Added the ability to "Insert Contact" details. Makes it easy to send anyone a contact number.
- Added a contact picture option for the conversation screen as well.
- Fixed up issue that could cause messages to be sent multiple times (typically poor signal areas). In effect we now do the same as the native Messaging app.
- Added new Quick Reply "Portrait Only" setting. Some phones have an issue rotating the home screen (can crash), this setting prevents this occurring.
- You can now tap the landscape widget to open chompSMS (as full widget support in landscape is still in progress).
- Quick Reply now displays properly on the new dell-streak phone.
- Fixed up issue that on some displays the text on the Quick Reply buttons was hard to read.
- Further improvements to Blacklisting (mostly around correct matching logic).
- Improvements when deleting a conversation, if no messages remain then will navigate back to the conversation list.
- The [Later] button in Quick Reply can now be pressed in privacy mode.
- Polished up some of the setting descriptions.
- Fixed issue whereby the notification ringtone while on call did not always play.
Version 4.5 (July 21, 2010)
- Added a new (+) icon in the conversation screen so that it's more convenient and quicker to access Smileys, Templates and for adding Attachments.
- In the conversation screen, users now have the option to show timestamps for every message.
- In the conversation list users now have the option to show a count of messages against each conversation (just like the built-in Messaging app).
- Fixed up a number of issues where MMS messages were being scaled and resized smaller than necessary.
- When deleting a conversation, an Android bug meant that on occasions the option "Include locked messages" was not always offered, and thus locked messages could incorrectly be deleted. We now always show this option.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs and force closes.
Version 4.4 (July 16, 2010)
- Updated the Widget graphics.
- Added support for sending MMS messages with a limit of 600K, as this is the default size for AT&T users. See Settings, MMS Network.
- Added the ability to press the Contact Pic (or long hold on text and choose Open) in Quick Reply to Open the chompSMS application.
- We now use Google contact pics in preference (if present) to facebook contact pics.
- Improved contact matching.
- Fixed a number of force close issues and rectified some bugs.
Version 4.3 (July 13, 2010)
- Completely revamped the Quick Reply feature, added full privacy, better lock screen support and fixed all known bugs.
- Fixed issue where draft messages could sometimes be incorrectly created after sending a message.
- Fixed a number of minor bugs and some force close issues.