Sudoku is a free palm app to play Sudoku games on the go, with a logical solver and other features.
Developer: Andrew Gregory
Latest version: 1.32
Total versions: 2
Submitted: 13 Aug 2010
Updated: 30 Nov 2010
DescriptionSudoku app brings the popular logical game to you Palm smartphone. The app can generate a random game for you, and allows you to enter games from newpapers and books to play them later.
- Two game setup modes: random and manual.
- 5-way rocker support for selecting and editing cells.
- Supports direct keyboard editing of cells, designed for Treo computers.
- Immediately indicates illegal plays (may be turned off).
- Check function to indicate mistakes (compares your game against the solution).
- Logical solver with log to show you how games can be logically solved.
- Supports pencilling - tap in possible digits then later "set" your decision.
- Can automatically erase illegal pencilmarks.
- Pencilmarks can be selectively shown/hidden - great for figuring out complex patterns (such as Colouring), or simply seeing that single digit.
- Undetermined cells can be coloured, for manual use of the Colouring strategy.
- Save the state of a game so you can later back-up. Great for diabolical puzzles when there isn't always a logical play.
- Hint mechanism - game indicates a position that can be logically worked out. It can fill it in for you too.
- Game timer shows how long you've been staring at your Palm's screen.
- Games can be beamed to other Palm computers.
- Games can be copied/pasted to/from the clipboard (e.g. to/from Memos).
- While the game is active, the auto-off timeout is lengthened to allow for more thinking time.
Sudoku 1.32 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- Sudoku_1.32.prc (113 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Sudoku 1.32:
In the version 1.32, released on 2010-03-16 the following changes were made:
- Fixed bug where asking for a hint would always result in an undeserved "bad pencilmarks" error.
Below are the earlier versions of Sudoku. If you are aware of a newer version of Sudoku or an older one, which is not listed here, please feel free to add it!