ActiveSync is a data synchronization program developed by Microsoft to synchronize data between smartphones and Windows desktops or Exchange servers.
Latest version: 4.5
Total versions: 2
Submitted: 8 Apr 2015
Updated: 8 Apr 2015
ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Microsoft Windows-powered PC and Windows Mobile powered device and allows you to synchronize Microsoft Outlook information, Microsoft Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your mobile device.
In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync allows you to synchronize Microsoft Outlook information directly with a Microsoft Exchange Server, so that you can keep your e-mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when youâ€™re away from your desktop or tablet PC.
ActiveSync 4.5 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- ActiveSync_4.5.msi (8 MB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of ActiveSync 4.5:
New features in Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 build 5096:
- Several changes were made in ActiveSync 4.5 that help improve issues related to setup, partnerships, and connectivity with the PC and Microsoft Exchange.
- In addition, ActiveSync 4.5 includes a troubleshooter utility that scans your computer and device to identify problems and offers information and corrective actions to solve them.
- Customers using Windows Mobile 5.0 devices with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and synchronizing to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5:
- Direct Push Technology
- Local Device Wipe
- Certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange
- Customers using Windows Mobile 6 and synchronizing to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 will benefit from the following feature enhancements:
- HTML formatted e-mail
- IRM protected e-mail
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5.
- Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5.
- Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5.
- Microsoft Smartphone 2002: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Standard: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard: supported
Below are the earlier versions of ActiveSync.