Backgammon is a smartphone version of the classic Backgamone board game, in which pieces are moved after each roll of the dice.
Developer: Matthias Koch
Latest version: 1.0
Total versions: 1
Submitted: 8 Apr 2015
Updated: 8 Apr 2015
Backgammon is a smartphone version of the classic Backgamone board game. The game is for two players in which pieces are moved after each roll of the dice. A player wins by removing all of his pieces from the board. Backgammon is a member of the tables family, one of the oldest classes of board games in the world.
Although luck plays an important role, there is a large scope for strategy. With each roll of the dice a player must choose from numerous options for moving his pieces and anticipate possible counter-moves by the opponent. Players may raise the stakes during the game. There is an established repertory of common tactics and occurrences.
Like chess, backgammon has been studied with great interest by computer scientists. Owing to this research Backgammon software has been developed capable of beating world-class human players.
Backgammon 1.0 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- Backgammon_1.0.cab (149 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of Backgammon 1.0:
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework: not required.
- 176x220 pixels: supported
- 240x320 pixels: supported
- 320x240 pixels: not supported
- Microsoft Smartphone 2002: not supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Standard: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard: not supported