PocketNotepad is an attemt to recreate the original desktop notepad for the Windows Mobile smartphone platform.
Latest version: 4.0
Total versions: 1
Submitted: 8 Apr 2015
Updated: 8 Apr 2015
The concept of PocketNotepad is "To provide the same feature as Desktop Notepad does" or "Nothing added to the original Notepad". That is, no toolbars, rebar bands, etc...
On the other hand, it does not provide several functions as it is becoming to its name. The eliminated functions are, for example, printing, drag&drop and so on.
Thus, in the case you do not use Notepad on your desktop mainly, it is not considered as appropriate to use PocketNotepad heavily on your CE device. It is thought as appropriate to use PocketNotepad for viewing text files, for taking short memo, for a buffer in cutting and pasting.
While, in the case you are a heavy user of desktop Notepad, PocketNotepad would be the most preferable editor on your CE device. It's small, light, cute and simple. PocketNotepad does not require MFC dll. It's really small!
- Open/Save any text format files with or without .txt extension through tGetFile.dll file dialog.
- Cut/Copy/Paste function via standard Windows CE clipboard.
- Select function to select a region without stylus.
- Find/Find Next to find target word(s). Find Next soft key stays for a while, so that, finding the next same word(s) is extremely easy.
- Time/Date function which insert the current time and date.
- Journal function which can be enabled by putting .LOG on the very beginning of a file.
- Word Wrap view style can be turned on or off.
- Set Font to change font and its size used by PocketNotepad.
PocketNotepad 4.0 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- PocketNotepad_4.0.cab (22 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of PocketNotepad 4.0:
New in the version 4.0:
- Compatibility with Windows Mobile 5 has been improved. Especially, updated version supports Windows Mobile 5 softkeys.
- Optional close button on the upper right corner of main window has been added for Windows Mobile 5.
- New online help topics for Font Settings and Settings in About page have been added.
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework: not required.
- 176x220 pixels: supported
- 240x320 pixels: supported
- 320x240 pixels: not supported
- Microsoft Smartphone 2002: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Standard: supported
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard: supported