FBReaderJ is an e-book reader application for Android that supports formats oeb, epub, fb2.
Developer: Geometer Plus
Latest version: 0.7.17
Total versions: 6
Submitted: 10 Nov 2010
Updated: 1 Dec 2010
DescriptionFBReaderJ is an e-book reader for the Android platform. It is a clone of the FBReader book reader written in Java by the same authors. FBReaderJ supports several e-book formats: oeb, epub, fb2. In future releases the list will be extended to support the same formats as the original FBReader. Direct reading from zip, tar and gzip archives is supported.
You can configure FBReaderJ to customize your reading experience. Colors, fonts, key bindings and many other properties can be changed in the Preferences Dialog.
FBReaderJ is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
How to start:
- Since version 0.3.0 there is no way to open an arbitrary file in FBReaderJ. A book file should be moved/copied into the directory /sdcard/Books (or any its subdirectory) on your device. FBReaderJ will add this book automatically.
- The second way is to click a book link (i.e. on a link to a file with extension .epub, .oeb, .fb2 or .fb2.zip) in the standard Android browser. A book will be downloaded to the device and opened in FBReaderJ. If you'll click the same link again, a book will not be downloaded again, local copy will be used for reading.
Compatibility with obsolete android ROMs:
- FBReaderJ uses native code since 0.5.7. This means it is only compatible with ROMs starting from version 1.5. FBReaderJ package available from the Android Market is only installable on devices with ROM version atr least 1.5. If you use version 1.0 or 1.5 we recommend to upgrade your device. However you can try to use FBReaderJ even on the 1.0 ROM. You will need to install an obsolete version 0.5.6.
Important note: If you would like to upgrade FBReaderJ from version < 0.3.0 to the current version, you must remove the installed package and then install the new one. Unfortunately, all the settings will be lost after this operation.
Web site: http://www.fbreader.org/FBReaderJ
FBReaderJ 0.7.17 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- FBReaderJ_0.7.17.apk (854 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of FBReaderJ 0.7.17:
In the version 0.7.17 (Nov 14, 2010) the following changes were made:
- Network catalog order has been changed: language is used for ordering
- LitRes authentication has been fixed
Below are the earlier versions of FBReaderJ.