GPS Status displays your GPS and sensor data: shows the position, number and signal strength of GPS satellites.
Latest version: 3.2
Total versions: 2
Submitted: 23 Jan 2010
Updated: 12 Aug 2010
Description GPS Status
displays your GPS and sensor data: shows the position, number and signal strength of GPS satellites. You can check your position, GPS accuracy, speed, acceleration and bearing.
Includes a magnetic compass, which displays both magnetic and true north. Use it as a leveling tool or detect magnetic anomalies in your area.
You can share your location with friends. You can also mark your location and navigate back later.
GPS Status 3.2 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
GPS Status 3.2:
- Turkish and Korean support
- Move to SD card support
- VDOP/HDOP/DOP, battery, brightness readings
- Accuracy range indicator on radar
- 1/10th accuracy for low speeds
- GeoID height for attitude
- Attitude is relative to the mean sea level
- Bug fixes
Below are the earlier versions of
GPS Status 3.0.3
GPS Status 3.0.3:
* 2.0 - Ported to firmware 1.5. New location formatting. Notification of inaccurate compass. Removed screen orientation and magnetic declination setting. Magnetic declination is now automatically calculated. GPS is no longer turned on/off automatically (it is not possible in fw1.5 anymore).
* 1.6.2 - Last firmware 1.1 compatible version. Added firmware detection and a redirect to download a new version if 1.5+ firmware detected.
* 1.5 - Original GPS state is restored at exit. Compass accuracy indicator. Acceleration display changed. 12/24 hour time format.
* 1.4.2 - External applications now can invoke GPS status by starting ntent("com.eclipsim.gpsstatus.VIEW")
* v1.4 - Reorganized the screen (again :). Added magnetic field and acceleration reading. Added signal strength bars. Despite new features, reduced the application site.
* v1.3 - Reorganized the screen. Added pitch reading. New setting for magnetic declination. Removed lock to compass preference. Orientation as N,E,S,W.
* v1.2 - Added About menu, theme settings, smoother screen orientation change, prevent sleep option, automatically enables the GPS on startup and below 5 km/h the compass bearing is displayed
* v1.1 - Added knots, GPS time and tweaked the visibility
* v1.0 - Initial version