ZQuake is a Palm OS port of the famous Quake 3D game. The port is based on the original work of yoyofr.fr.st.
Latest version: 2.2
Total versions: 1
Submitted: 23 Nov 2010
Updated: 23 Nov 2010
ZQuake is a Palm OS port of the famous Quake 3D game. This port is based on the work of yoyofr.fr.st.
Download the executable and unpack the .zip file. Place the .prc file into the /Palm/Launcher folder of your memory card. Place the .zdk file into the /Palm/Programs/ZQuake folder of your memory card. Now you need files from the original Quake 3D. You can also use the files from the demo version. Place the ID1 folder into /Palm/Programs/ZQuake folder of your memory card.
- based on yoyofr's version 1.2
- supports different resolutions (landscape, portrait or left-handed)
- needs Palm OS 5.x (an ARM processor) and a lot of dynamic memory
- adjustable button layout
- virtual keyboard and support for stylus-controlled view
- IR keyboard and BT gamepad supported
- 2-Player mode over bluetooth
- multi-player mode over TCP/IP (Internet)
- Treo enhanced: keyboard and rumble
Quake 3D is a registered trademark of ID Software, Ltd.
ZQuake 2.2 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
- ZQuake_2.2.zip (273 KB, ↓ 0)
Description/changelog of ZQuake 2.2:
New in the version 2.2:
- Added some Treo-enhancements also on current Treo devices
- Added support for 160x160 screen resolution
- If no MP-mode selected, FakeMP (aka Bots) are possible
Bots How-To with chronobot:
- copy the chronobot folder into the ZQuake folder on your card
- overwrite the config.cfg file from cbots with the one from ID1 (fixes key redefining)
- select cbots in the launcher and launch the game
- launch a new MP game
- inside the game: open the console, enter "impulse 101" to spawn one bot